Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The Charlestowne Woodturners are meeting at JMO Woodworks, 70 Romney St., Charleston, SC 29403. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sandpaper....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Sandpaper....   Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I was curious to what everyone here is using as far as brand.

I found klingspor's on accident while visiting the in-laws about 15 years ago. Those that have been on my lathe have seen and used their paper. For the money, I still believe it's one the best deals out there. In the past I use to use pretty much just the gold stuff, but have since switched to the shop rolls. I find the shop rolls to be very flexible, almost as much as the gold, and they don't really load up unless your dealing with some really oily(or wet) wood. Even then a blast from the air compressor usually cleans it right out. My personal comfort width for ordering is the 2" wide. The roll's length is determined by cash flow. The last time I ordered was 2 summers ago, I went with the 25 meter rolls then, and I'm finally needing to do a reorder, 150 grits and up. One of the other benefits to the 2" roll is ripping a piece in half length wise on the fly, for doing smaller stuff like pens.

Enough talk, here's the link: Click on the link, then click the picture of the roll next to the size you want. Next click "See All Grits" for the length and type that you need.

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/85AF8EE3/mac/subgrp.mac/subGroupSelection?lenGrpDsc=5ROLLSABRASIVE%20ROLLS%20-%20ALL%20SIZES.%A0

Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave W

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaper....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Almost forgot..... Klingspor's also carries sanding disks in a variety of sizes, shapes, and quantities.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave W

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaper....   Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 am

What???? Am I the only one using this stuff?

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandpaper....   

Back to top Go down

Sandpaper....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlestowne Woodturners  :: Woodturning Gerneral :: Finishing-
Jump to: