Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The Charlestowne Woodturners are meeting at JMO Woodworks, 70 Romney St., Charleston, SC 29403. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CoreEssentials

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am not a woodturner, but I appreciate the skill, art and craftsmanship that goes into producing nice pieces.

I have exotic West African Zebrawood that is left over from a project I commissioned for our small business in West Ashley. I have 3 frames made of 1.75" x 2.25" stock. There are holes drilled in the frames, but there are undrilled stretches measuring approx 11", 22", and 27". I thought these could make neat pieces for turning, or just as decorative accents.

I did some checking, and the typical cost of the undrilled stock would be about $100 per frame. I am asking $50 per frame. Actually though, I would prefer a trade. I need to have 8 pieces of wood milled/worked that each measure about 3" w x 13" l x 3/4" d. I need two of the pieces made immediately, with the other 6 to follow. The woodworker would be providing the wood, I will provide a template piece to copy. I am open to suggestions on the wood -- I need something that is structurally strong, yet eye-pleasing.

Please contact me if you, or someone you know would be interested in this project.

Thanks,

Matt Gillespie
Core Essentials
843-810-6274
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:29 pm

I may be interested. It's a tad late, I'll give you a call in the morning .

Dave
Back to top Go down
CoreEssentials

PostSubject: Re: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:59 am

It was a pleasure meeting Dave W. I'm sure you'll make some cool stuff from your Zebrawood frame. The risers you made look great! Thanks for sharing your knowledge of wood with me.

I would like to mention that I am selling each frame now for $40. Perhaps Dave can describe the wood quality/appearance for those interested. I have 2 more frames on hand, and will be getting 3 more over the coming weeks. Please contact me for more information.

matt@coreessentials.net
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I'll be bring a piece of the frame to the meeting, so you guys can get a better look at this wonderful wood.

Dave
Back to top Go down
CoreEssentials

PostSubject: Re: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 pm

UPDATE: I now have the remaining 5 frames ready. I am offering them at $35 each, or all 5 for $150. Hopefully some of you saw samples of the frame that Dave W. received. Please call Matt at 843-810-6274 for more info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work   

Back to top Go down

Zebrawood for Sale or Trade for Custom Wood Parts Work
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlestowne Woodturners  :: Woodturning Gerneral :: Turning Talk-
Jump to: